Thursday, January 1, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

Long, long ago...in an election far, far away...Yet, it seems like yesterday.

Speaking of yesterday...I was looking at some pictures of when my daughter and I went to see Sarah Palin in St. Clairsville, Ohio.

It was a perfect day. Nice and warm...sunshine and blue sky. It was a great Daddy/daughter roadtrip too. It ranked up there with when she and I went to see Neil Diamond in August. :-)

Well, that was the first time that I had seen Sarah Palin in person, and it was a great experience to share with my daughter. I was proud for her to see a woman in a position of authority that had a message of integrity.

As I watched some of the newscasts last night, reviewing the year of 2008, I was surprised to hear numerous references to Sarah Palin. Of course, many of them were done in the spirit of a reference to a worn-out fad. I know that 2012 is a whole administration away, but I hope that Palin Power is more than a passing fad...a trivial reference in the footnote of the political landscape of American history.

I know that I'll keep a light in the window.

Happy New Year!

No comments: