Friday, November 14, 2008

My "prediction"

Shortly after the election results were in, I had mentioned to somebody a "prediction" that I had.

The more I watched Obama, and noticed the kind of people that were lurking in the shadows behind the scenes, I thought...I wonder if this guy, with all his eloquence and stoic behavior, is just a mouthpiece? Just a figurehead? Just a means to and end?

Then I started wondering...

I thought of Joe Biden and his failed in his attempt to grab the top spot, and how the "obvious" pick of Obama's VP of Hillary was switched out for...Biden. Somehow he got picked for the Veep. I thought it odd because of his apparent opposition to Obama.

Then I remembered, during the debate with Palin, that Biden stated that "Barack Obama indicated to me he wanted me with him to help him govern. So every major decision he'll be making, I'll be sitting in the room to give my best advice".

I really thought that was a rather eerie, and telling, statement for Biden to make...especially since Biden was the one who had said, concerning Obama, that "The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training".

So...I began thinking...with all these thoughts and situations swirling around...what if Obama is somehow either impeached because campaign finance crimes emerge or his liasons are proven to be more than he let on and there is an outcry against it...or his birth certificate fiasco is finally solved and it is proven that he does not legally have the ability to be the President...regardless, he is somehow not able to fulfil his duty as the president.

Well, Biden is moved up to the top dog spot...and while I know that the Speaker of the House and the president pro tempore of the Senate are next in line of succession, the Secretary of State is close by, standing in line to the White House. And I thought...before news of Clinton being considered for the post...what if it was Hillary as Secretary of State? And now, lo and behold, she is a serious candidate for Secretary of State? So, it could work out that she'd be closer to the White House than ever...with no Obama to play second fiddle to...and perhaps that is why she wasn't selected as Obama's VP selection to begin with? And what if things were put back to the way they were before 1947? Hillary as the Secretary of State would become the VP.

Oh, I know...conspiracy theory. Probably nothing more than silly notions. But, who knows?

I tell you what though...those comments of Biden really turned around in my head after the debate and again, after the election results were in...and now with Hillary being considered for Secretary of State...it just seemed odd.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"

1 comment:

Ted said...

Unavoidable scenario: If SCOTUS disqualifies Obama BEFORE 1/20/09 inauguration, McCain is POTUS per remaining electoral college electors; if SCOTUS disqualifies Obama after 1/20/09 inauguration, Hillary likely becomes POTUS per vote of Dem controlled House of Rep. Either way, is clear Obama will NOT be or remain POTUS.